Kincumber Community Drug Action Team is a group of residents and services working in the area who have identified anti-social behaviour as a result of alcohol and drug use as being a major factor within this region. The KCDAT are dedicated to investigating these issues and to look at ways to prevent it happening. One of the ways in which KCDAT are promoting the prevention of these issues has been by staging and running community led events and activities.
Over the past 12 months KCDAT has conducted:
• Drug and alcohol free youth band nights at the Youth Centre
• A community trivia night at the Neighbourhood Centre
• A youth adventure excursion
• Kids Vs Cops Touch Footy tournament at Kincumber High School.
• Recently KCDAT have expanded into Copacabana and are looking at putting on events in both areas, continually looking at breaking down intergenerational barriers and offering community education on drug and alcohol issues.
Any positive feedback and creative ideas are welcomed at the meetings and together we can lobby for resources to help decrease the number of anti-social issues happening on our streets.
Meetings: 4th Thursday of the Month
Alternate Venues: Kincumber Youth Centre or Copacabana SLSC.
For more information contact: Haley Burgess at Kincumber Youth Centre 4369 5633.